Empowering those with HFA to thrive as valued members of the community.
Our key objective is to support and nurture the strengths of Adults with high functioning autism. Problems are addressed to assist the clients in fulfilling their potential and reaching their goals in interpersonal relationships, education, employment and pursuing meaningful, safe activities. Recreational activities and outings are often used to promote relationships and investigate new activities of interest to the client.
AMHP helps clients reach their full potential by:
- coaching in social skills
- teach and practice stress reduction techniques
- managing sensory overload
- attention to personal hygiene
- structuring and managing time
- mobility in transportation.