Executive Director: Janny Becker
Janny founded AMHP in 1988 after 21 years of working with the chronically mentally ill in the public system. On the 40th anniversary of her career, she retired from clinical work in February 2008, but continues as administrator providing oversight and consultation to the agency.
- Seattle University, master's candidate in Public Administration, 1986-1988.
- Columbia University, NYC, B.S., Occupational Therapy 1968.
- University of Washington, Seattle, Political Science and Occupational Therapy, 1961-1964.
- Inpatient hospital
- Community mental health centers
- Residential group homes
- Intensive case management in public system
- Founding of Affiliated Mental Health Programs, Inc.
Program development, psychodrama. group therapy, counseling for management of Bipolar Disorder.
Enjoying my dogs Charlie and Coco. Studying Ikebana (Japanese flower arranging), enjoying classical music, oil painting, enjoying my gardens, and following the news. Continue service advocating for the disabled in the Seattle community.
- 504/ADA Committee, King County, member, Chairperson 1989-1995
- Advisory Committee to King County Executive for the Disabled, 1990-1994
- King County Commissioner, on Human Rights Commission representing the Disabled, 1994-1996
- King County Mental Health Quality Assurance committee to Mental Health Board, member, 1995, co-chair, 1996-1998
- Seattle Counseling Services member of Board 1992-1994
- East side NAMI, member of Board, 2005-2006
- Founder and producer of the AIDS Prevention Theater Troupe serving the mentally ill and young adults. 1990-2001